Thursday, November 13, 2008

The World is Ending

6-1? 6-1? I thought 6-3 was bad against Toronto but this? I don't know what is worse? Fool me once, shame on you but fool me twice, shame on me. I'm starting to really worry about this team and where they are heading. I have had a lot of emotions swirling tonight so I'd like to begin with a post I wrote on Habsinsedeout:
I'm 19 years old and don't remember 1993 or the 23 other cups before it. What I do remember is Rejean Houle, M. Tremblay, 3 straight years without the playoffs, a lockout and no stanley cup. That's my generations memory of our history. I've waited for this year for a long time. A time that my brother, father, and grandfather talk about but I can't really understand. This was supposed to be the year (and it still can be) that I get to feel what makes the Habs so great. So I will ridicule and boo when I think the team and coach aren't giving their best effort. I watched us lose for over a decade and i'm sill here. All I ask is that we atleast show up and be proud to where the red, white, and blue. So far that has not been the case and something must be done. It's not about "we lose some we win some", but how you win or lose. This last week has been most embarrassing week for me as a fan. In the past, we just didn't have the talent, but now there are no excuses. Hold yourself accountable for goodness sake.

 That was what I wrote after I went from being angry to comical to reflective. It was like I was quitting smoking or something.  After that post, my emotions went to angry again and to content in which I am at now. But for the purpose of this post, I will become reflective again but this time on the game itself (the horror). 

- I first and foremost put the blame on Carbo. He is our coach and is the first person who takes  the credit and the blame. His job is to best prepare us for each game. Alex Kovalev said after the game, the Habs were caught off guard and weren't prepared. If that's the case, then what is Carbo's job. He might as well not show up. This is also not the 1st time we have  been embarrassed this year. We got DESTROYED by the LEAFS FOUR days ago people. That's twice in the same week. Can someone take some accountability? Also, if he's not able to prepare us, at least attempt to do something during the game rather then do nothing. I know they say keep your composure behind the bench but come on. The guy seems like he has never heard of a timeout or a GOALIE CHANGE, or anything to that matter. It seems he wears those terrible ties to make up for his nothingness.

-GOALIE CHANGE! Price wasn't not himself tonight and needed to be pulled. It would have sent a wake up call to the rest of the team as well as not embarrassed the goalie of now and the future. ROY anyone. Carbo said he was trying to teach Price to learn from his mistakes. I could say the same thing for Carbo from Gainey's perspective.

- The KPK line has to do something. Koivu's line can't do everything. I believe the problem is that they are not keeping it simple. They play with the puck to much and never shoot. How hard is it to tell them to shoot the puck, Carbo? I mean if they don't listen, bench all three. You can't score if you don't shoot as the legendary Mr. Barrett used to say (He also said dump and change but I was the only one who would listen, Mr. Powers). 

- The Power Play is horrific. That gets me back to my last point. Put the Goddamn puck on the Goddamn net for heaven's sake. I'm putting a bounty on Doug Jarvis' head as he hasn't made that clear to the team after 5 weeks.

- Why does Laraque play? The Komi fight was embarrassing. He is now and forever Lucic's bitch. That contract money starting to dwindle.

- I hope they are all embarrassed and ashamed to put on that jersey right now in the 100th year. They have not deserved it so far. The boys need a spanking and lets hope they get it... from GAINEY and his menacing stare. Better show up against Philly but who knows with this team.

No comments: