Thursday, November 6, 2008

OMG!!!

Believe or not, I just bumped into hockey's most wanted man. Like Ecklund would say, a source close to the subject has told him the man who's name I'm not willing to say in order to create suspense (though most of you probably know who this man is already) is close to making a decision, might be a decision on what to wear today or should he eat that last pancake. Today, however, the source is I, Ecklund is you and the subject is none other then, yes, MATS SUNDIN.

Here's the scoop. So last night I'm waiting for my father who is running 10 minutes late for dinner at The Petit Four Restaurent on Sunset Boul. (I live in L.A., hence the Coast to Coast tittle) I'm standing on the sidewalk about 10 feet away from Armani Exchange at 7:27 PM pacific time when a well dressed bald headed man walked out carrying one bag and on the phone. I looked at him thinking how familiar he looked. I took step close and realized that it was Mats Sundin. What are the odds that this would happen, I could not do nothing so I decided to make a move and this our conversation.

Pessimist: Are you Mats Sundin?

Sundin: (Gave me a strange look)

Pessimist: Are you Mats Sundin?

Sundin: Yes?

Pessimist: OMG, I'm so sorry but I'm from Montreal and a big hockey fan.

Sundin: (Realizing how someone in L.A. would recognize him, he nods and puts his hand out to shake)

Pessimist: I just want to know if you were ever close to coming to Montreal? (as I shake his hand)

Sundin: No

Pessimist: So there was never a CHANCE you were coming?

Sundin: No

Pessimist: Thank you so much, sorry for being an inconvenience.

Then I walked 15 feet away back to the front of the restaurant. Sundin waited 2 more minutes until his gorgeous Swedish wife came out holding two Armani bags and they walked by me (Sundin giving me a final smile and nod) and off into the distance. I can finally rest in peace after suffering the entire summer. That's my story, you can believe or not (I say believe it as it actually happened).
-The reason I was able to meet Mats in L.A. is because he's guest starring on the T.V show Desperate Housewives. They shoot at the Universal Studios back-lot in Universal City, California. I for one would rather hang out with Koivu and Kovalev then Longoria and Sheridan (maybe not).

No comments: