Monday, November 10, 2008

The Aftermath

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I had to cleanse my mind while doing the opposite to my liver. After a couple days to reflect over the weekend I will attempt to offer a few points while not getting to angry. I will not focus on the Columbus game as I feel there is enough already on the Toronto game. All I will say about the former is that we lost to a team that plays in a city that doesn't know they have a team. Now lets move on to the Toronto game. Take a deep breath and go.

- The Tom the Bomb hit was the least of our worries. Hockey is dangerous and unfortunate things occur. I'm unhappy when any player goes down but Kosto wasn't trying to injure anyone, he was only finishing a check on a player who at last moment turned back away from the net. Kosto got his 3 games and will back. Hopefully Van Ryn will be back soon too.

- PASSION (or lack their of). We were blessed with the 8-2-2 record as we deserve a start more like 3-5-4. More nights then not, we have decided not to show up and luckily our superior talent has gotten us off the hook. Well after the Toronto game I have on thing to say...WAKE UP!!!! This was supposed to be the team that was a Stanley Cup contender. Well, come playoff time, it's not the talent that gets you by but the heart and determination. Does anyone want to be reminded of what happened last year. That 6-3 loss might have been the best thing to happen to us as we were embarrassed. I put this on Carbo now as the wake up call has been delivered. As coach, he has to hold his players accountable so I expect (hope) we come out hard tomorrow like we haven't seen this year. No more Mr. Nice Guy (which is also the ban Prop 8 motto for the protesters in Cali). 

-Wow, we need the Hammer. I know we need another defencemen but that was before his injury. This really scares me as our weakness is shown as lack of depth on the back end. I prey that we can stay healthy because if we don't, things can start not looking pretty. I hate Btisebois and prefer O'Byrne to be on the ice BUT I never asked for both to be playing in the same game. 41 shot by Toronto, TORONTO. We might as well bring back Patrick Traverse (oy givolt).

- Piece of crap Grabs is well a piece of crap. It's obvious he is that old type of Russian player that gave them a bad name for so many years (Don Cherry) as being girly men who play more like soccer then hockey (excuse the run on sentence as I am tired). The guy makes Kovalev look like Chris Nilan. But we let him dominate us. What Koivu and Lil Titz did was great but meaningless as he got the last laugh as well as the first star. This was a player who couldn't crack our lineup but now he's the next Pavel Bure? Give me a break (of that KitKat Bar... couldn't resist).

- Why play Laraque if he's not going to do anything? Three times, Toronto stormed Price and Laraque did what? If Carbo won't use him in a positive way, I'd rather have that 1.5 million back to help us get what we really seem to need, defence depth.

- 41-20!!! Doesn't matter who the goilie, we will lose every game that way.

- Finally, If we don't win tomorrow by at least 3 goals I will... (that's my Rules of Attraction ambiguous ending for y'all)

- Oh ya, We lost to COLUMBUS AS WELL!




No comments: