Monday, January 26, 2009

All-Star Game

I had never watched an entire All-Star game before this latest installment of best in show for several reasons:
1) It's not a real game, and usually lacks any excitement
2) Nothing is on the line worth rooting for
3) The Canadiens have not lived up to their standards as hockey royalty over the last 15 years with lackluster players on lackluster teams which led to few all-stars.

Well, this year was different. Not only was the game in Montreal (greatest city in the world motherfucka), four habs were voted to start the game. Yes, I know to all you ESPN bloggers who love the Bruins and Red Wings, only Markov DESERVED to go. But I don't give a shit. If those fans cared so much, they should root for a team with a bigger fan base that relentlessly clog up the ballot box. And also to those haters, the 2 Red Wings picked to go didn't even show up and the 3 Bruins players, well they, well, they, uhhhh, they are homosexuals. So take that. I need to get classy San Diego and get back on track. I still was not sold on the game as even though 3) was achieved, 1) could never happen but then something happened. 

Alex Kovalev (aka, AK27, Kovi, the magician, le artiste, Goldielocks, the sexiest man in the universe, lets just say I want to be on him. No, let me rephrase that. I want to be ON him.) 
He is not only my favorite player and the best player on the Habs skill wise, he was voted Captain and starter for the Eastern All-stars.  He has the skill of Elijah Dukes on steroids but the mind of well, Elijah Dukes. If he could rise up in the city that loves him and lead his team to victory and win MVP of the game, then maybe, just maybe, he can lead the Habs to.....I dare not say it....a STANLEY CUP. Yipeeeeee. 2) came to fruition. I could cheer for Alex to win MVP so I watched every minute of that game.

-Vinny got one of the biggest cheers of the night. I haven't seen a bigger hard on at a game since the Chez Paree girls last visit in the nose bleeds.

-man, Rick Nash is so sick. If only he played in a city that cared. Most wasted talent in the whole league in my opinion.

-man, I hate the Bruins. marc Savard might be the nicest guy in the world but was i happy when Shane Doan beat him the night before. and no, I didn't cheer for that communist, Tim Thomas. If it was the 1950's, McCarthy would be on his ass like Ron Jeremy on a banana split. 

-I love Ovechkin. I hope he never learns how to speak English. He's just so funny as well as being the best player in the league. 

-Nice penalty Komi. If only Jeff Carter wasn't such a hog and could make 25 foot pass. Now I know how he has 30 goals. I hate the Flyers.

-Kovi! Kovi! Kovi! Had the 3 nicest goals of the night, all on the break away. Won the MVP, a new Honda, and has earned the right to finally move to #3 on my list of: (insert name), so hot right now, behind only permanent members Peyton Manning at #2 and Tiger Woods (God) at #1. Sorry Ryan Zimmerman, but SIMMEDOWN.

Time to get back to real hockey and fuck some people up. Go Habs Go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pessimist- you have an absolutely, breathtaking hiney. i mean that things good. I WANT TO BE ON YOU